|Wireless gateway for Raspberry Pi. Click on the image for an annotated version.|
IntroductionA wireless gateway for the Raspberry Pi is presented. The gateway will connect remote clients to the Raspberry Pi and the internet. I plan to use these to connect a network of magnetometer sensors to improve the reliability and availability of the AuroraWatch UK network. The gateway can also be used to program Atmel AVR microcontrollers, as used in the magnetometer sensors.
- Footprint for XBee, Ciseco XRF, or similar radio module.
- Footprint for Hope RFM12B radio module.
- AVR ISP programming header.
- Maximum board size 50 mm × 50 mm (to use cheapest Iteadstudio PCB fabrication option).
- All unused digital I/O brought out to pads for easier extension, prototyping and hacking.